anyone running a led tailgate light bar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wise Wolf

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a 60'' LED Tailgate light bar for $60, three bulbs went out within a couple of weeks...the whole bar went out 2 months later. it was not waterproof by any means and cheaply made. The ends where exposed. Water got onto the silicone board and fried the circuitry, not to mention the clear plastic housing became very brittle and cracked allowing more water in. You would think they would have waterproofed their product being outside attached to the back of a vehicle and all. It looked really nice when it worked. If I where to get another I would get one that is IP67-IP68 Waterproof, one that could be considered marine quality. Below is a picture when one side started getting dim.

You must be registered for see images attach

racer36

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine did the same. Thats why ive only got this now
You must be registered for see images

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I really wish somone made a good one of these i love the loom

sent from my outdated S3

Wise Wolf

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
superbrightleds.com has some waterproof LED light strips, I was thinking about buying one but they are pricey for a bit of flash. You would also have to wire on a male end and it would not have the break light or turn signal functionality.

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Walmart has a kit for 40$ I think I might bite..looks good enough for me

Sent from my HUAWEI H881C using Tapatalk

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got one offline should be here tommrow comes with a warranty hopefully get it on this weekend

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

jasonreichle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hey here is my tailgate bar.. im also running a 3" lift so it looks way better.. its a Bullydog product so far it has done allright.. but it is warm weather now ive had it for about a month and it still looks good, wired it into the 4 pin.

Attachments

• 20140525_213245.jpg
    20140525_213245.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 23