Anyone here paint their truck flat OD green?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sactown

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to paint my truck flat Olive Drab, have come across some options online but wanted to ask if anyone has done it, what they used and how it's holding up.

My truck actually is an OD green currently, the original blue paint was peeling badly and I needed to do something to stop the rust and went at it with primer and Rustoleum camo green spray cans. I really like not having to think about washing/waxing my truck and now as expected the Rustoleum is failing so its time for a do-over using a superior product.

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
I'm looking to paint my truck flat Olive Drab, have come across some options online but wanted to ask if anyone has done it, what they used and how it's holding up.

My truck actually is an OD green currently, the original blue paint was peeling badly and I needed to do something to stop the rust and went at it with primer and Rustoleum camo green spray cans. I really like not having to think about washing/waxing my truck and now as expected the Rustoleum is failing so its time for a do-over using a superior product.
It depends on how much you're looking to spend, as always with paint. Hot Rod Flatz makes this one. I've never sprayed it though.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my bored/stroked iPhone 6S

350chevy719

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you by chance have a pic of your truck this color? I always like the idea of an unstock(ish) color. I need to paint my truck and I don't think I want to go with white again

sactown

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll take one tomorrow, it's raining here though so really changes things

sactown

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you by chance have a pic of your truck this color? I always like the idea of an unstock(ish) color. I need to paint my truck and I don't think I want to go with white again
Here ya go, it's a mix of flat OD green and flat black, haven't washed it in probably 5 years, just keep the glass clean and hose the mud off when needed

The green has faded over the years, hopefully the new paint will hold up better

DaltonB98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score