Anyone else have different gray shades?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98sierraslt4x4

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have got to paint this interior to match. I'm buying the previous owner replaced some pieces like vents. Door button panel etc.. hard to tell from the pic unless you get close.

You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Likely that he just replaced the vents because they were broken. Mine did the same thing. The sun has faded the rest of the interior and the vents are new, that's why they look different.

sactown

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there paint that exactly matches the dash or do you end up painting everything to get it to match? Can't say that difference would matter to me but I respect it matters to you. If/when you paint it please share the results.

98sierraslt4x4

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah. I think I am going to paint them and probably a few interior pieces charcoal color. To match tge stock cluster trim,handles and steering column/steering wheel.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It doesn't match because some interior parts are molded in the color, some are painted. Some are molded in a "close" color and then painted...

Things that may get touched very often like the vents may not be a good candidate for painting. It's also tricky to prep a part like that well enough for it to stick without flaking somewhere.

Richard