Anyone build there own step bars?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finished product

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

this is what im planning on building,,, just the step part is going to be dropped dpwn at an angle,,, and the step will be out of round tubing,,,,

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
this is what im planning on building,,, just the step part is going to be dropped dpwn at an angle,,, and the step will be out of round tubing,,,,

I'd have second thoughts about round tubing unless you lay some non-skid grip tape down on it! I had checkered plated running boards on a few years back, one winter I was getting in the truck and slipped, cracked 3 ribs.. added non-skid to the running boards shortly after, then deleted them altogether

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd have second thoughts about round tubing unless you lay some non-skid grip tape down on it! I had checkered plated running boards on a few years back, one winter I was getting in the truck and slipped, cracked 3 ribs.. added non-skid to the running boards shortly after, then deleted them altogether

oh yea,, i know qhat ya mean,, i have it all planned out,,, but in all honesty,, your foot can slip on round or square tubing,,, some type of non skid should always be put on,,,

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I started cutting and notching tube the other day for mine, this was definately a consideration for me, I plan on using some flat plate with reverse dimple dies for the anti-slip effect.

WVXC450R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wanna build me a set?! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Im prob gonna eventually build a set similar to dirtridinz71's but the steps angled down and made so my wife can get in as easy as possible, gonna use bedliner on them so they match the bottom of the truck and so it has texture for non slip