Anyone build there own step bars?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90bowtie

Reaction score
I have been dreaming up some sort of step bar for my DD, I will probably only do this if I wind up putting a body lift under my truck.
i'm thinking of something simple like a single 2"x2" or 2"x3" square tubing under the length of the cab bolted to the frame. Maybe paint them body color to make them blend in a little?
I really like the N-fabs but just can't afford them,and I know I can build something that will look right.
Anyway,post up some pics of your custom "nerf bars" :uhoh2:

Reaction score
I built my own for my extended cab, I built them to be like rock sliders and step up bars. I'll try to put up some pictures

Reaction score
Here is an example of a rock slider / step up bar

You must be registered for see images attach

This is one side before i cleaned up all the welds and painted it. I also added one more leg for extra support.

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll be building a set of steps/rock sliders using 1.75" HREW. They will look very similar to ^^^

It's a tried and true design that will work, plus can be made for cheap money. I normally would use DOM but mine will be made completely from scraps.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Picked up some tubing yesterday for my sliders/steps. Doing similar design to silveradok1500's but just steps at the doors, and slider running to back wheel well.

You must be registered for see images attach

WVXC450R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Subbing, interested in the same thing.

By the way what kind of welder are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WVXC450R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those are sweet! Got anymore pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk