Any thoughts on this truck...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on this truck, im looking for the cab. Hoping I could use my driver door/passenger door from my truck on it. Also hoping I could switch from 2000 interior to my 89 interior. is that doable? I know something about the rear door might not work, will a saburban/crew cab door panel from a 88-94 work in a 2000? Is their anything else I should look for?

Is it worth buying and trying to part it out? Im sure I could sell the whole front clip. The box is toast, but I could use the front of it for my chevy C1500 build.

Thanks for any help...

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/muskoka/2000-gmc-sierra-2500-pickup-truck/580277314

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I'd jump on that too! For $1500, you could easily take the parts you need, sell off the rest of the good stuff and then scrap the rest for a decent buck.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
explain why ....
Save the cab and doors for yourself. Part the rest out. The engine is worth 750-1000, tranny 300-500, front wrap 300-500 these prices are obviously local to me but either way, for $1500 i'd be on it.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
For that price I'd say it's well worth it. You could grab what you want, part the rest and be out very little money if not make a little.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yes you can use your old doors on it but may have slight fitment issues just due to variance in the dies used to stamp the parts. I find when replacing doors it's usually (USUALLY) best to use doors as close as possible to same model year. Otherwise it takes a lot of bending and tweaking for them to fit just right.

Swapping 88-94 style interior into it can be done; you'll have to drill a few spot welds out of the steering column supports and swap them between cabs, so you can use your old style dash. Drill the welds out of the passenger A-pillar grab handle bracket too and get it out, which requires the windshield being out of the way or a really small-headed right angle drill. :gr_grin: Rear door panels you will only find in the "newer" interior style, meaning 1990-up, because crew cabs and Suburbans didn't enter this body style until 1992. I guess the exception would be is if your current old style interior is manual window, that door panel style stayed basically the same from 88-94.

Richard