Any other 16 17 18 year old members out there.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boots97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like my 98 and certain things about the 96+ trucks but I'm really starting to miss/appreciate the older style interior.

The GMT800s aren't bad, my dad and grandpa and uncle have one and it's really not THAT much different, but the 90s and early 2000s (for certain cars) were a golden age for car technology. You got fuel injection to give you more power and better mpg but not so much electronic crap that it ruins it. I remember seeing a newer BMW at the junkyard with the carpet stripped out and you would not believe how many little computer boxes are stuck all over the place.

I'll second this. My friend and I have worked on both GMT400 and GMT800s and the GMT800 I would argue is just as good as the GMT400. If I had to buy another truck, I'd want a '01-'02 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Z71 ECSB with the 5.3l V8. I'd also prefer it to be Canadian Built and Canadian Marketed bc Canadian Marketed trucks are so rare here in the States.

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll second this. My friend and I have worked on both GMT400 and GMT800s and the GMT800 I would argue is just as good as the GMT400. If I had to buy another truck, I'd want a '01-'02 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Z71 ECSB with the 5.3l V8. I'd also prefer it to be Canadian Built and Canadian Marketed bc Canadian Marketed trucks are so rare here in the States.

Funny you mention that, my truck is actually Canadian built but US market, originally sold in Wisconson. Even though the clear has peeled on the hood and roof the green of the color coat is still nice and rich all over. I think the Canadian trucks had better quality paint, but that might just be my imagination.

I often think about getting a second 400 to build as a street truck, that way I have both ends of the truck spectrum. If I did it would be a black RCSB with a red early style interior. Like a 454SS but with a 350 and a third of the price.

Boots97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Funny you mention that, my truck is actually Canadian built but US market, originally sold in Wisconson. Even though the clear has peeled on the hood and roof the green of the color coat is still nice and rich all over. I think the Canadian trucks had better quality paint, but that might just be my imagination.

I often think about getting a second 400 to build as a street truck, that way I have both ends of the truck spectrum. If I did it would be a black RCSB with a red early style interior. Like a 454SS but with a 350 and a third of the price.

Mine is also Canadian built for the US market. I've heard that Oshawa is known for their high quality control and build quality on their cars/trucks so you may not be imagining it as you think. My clear coat is still nice and rich all over as well. Only imperfections are scratches/dents/scuffs from several previous owners.

How did your truck end up from WI to CA? My truck was from MO and I bought it at auction and had it shipped up to MN. Your truck is very nice and rust free for a WI truck. Most would not be that clean.

Boots97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Also, a street GMT400 would be cool. Not my thing, but they are cool. A black RCSB with old red interior and 350 would look nice. You could also swap a 454 later if you wanted as well.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I used to be. I was 15 when I joined in 2012. Working on getting my license. I'm a solid 26 now.

The first 5 or 6 years this place was crazy active. The chat thread was such a fast paced environment. There would be 10 of us all having a conversation and by the time you quoted and replied to someone, you had 4 or 5 more messages to read and respond to. Build threads were updated consistently, photoshop requests were plentiful, Truck of the Month/Rate my Profile Pic/Rate my Signature/Photoshop Challenge were some of the games we would play on the forum every month. Post counts were followed and bragged about. As you can see by my post count, I spent more time here with a group of internet strangers I considered friends than I spent with my actual friends. It was a different atmosphere for sure.

Seeing this thread makes me nostalgic. I remember the feeling well. It's nothing like it used to be though and likely never will be again. Facebook groups are phasing out forums as a social site and they're becoming an archive of information more than anything.

Anyway, enough reminiscing. I'll head back to my old folks home. Glad to have you all. Hopefully the forum comes back to life one day but it seems more dead every time I stop by.

/end soapbox.

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
I used to be. I was 15 when I joined in 2012. Working on getting my license. I'm a solid 26 now.

The first 5 or 6 years this place was crazy active. The chat thread was such a fast paced environment. There would be 10 of us all having a conversation and by the time you quoted and replied to someone, you had 4 or 5 more messages to read and respond to. Build threads were updated consistently, photoshop requests were plentiful, Truck of the Month/Rate my Profile Pic/Rate my Signature/Photoshop Challenge were some of the games we would play on the forum every month. Post counts were followed and bragged about. As you can see by my post count, I spent more time here with a group of internet strangers I considered friends than I spent with my actual friends. It was a different atmosphere for sure.

Seeing this thread makes me nostalgic. I remember the feeling well. It's nothing like it used to be though and likely never will be again. Facebook groups are phasing out forums as a social site and they're becoming an archive of information more than anything.

Anyway, enough reminiscing. I'll head back to my old folks home. Glad to have you all. Hopefully the forum comes back to life one day but it seems more dead every time I stop by.

/end soapbox.
No man your good to hang around. I made this thread to see how many youngsters are here. Anyone is free to chat post or anything.