anti kill story

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Used to hang around with a guy that had a '69 Z-28. Street racer. Stop light to stop light. 302 that he'd wind to 8000rpm. With a stick shift! It had to rev that high. Had 5.38's! With those, the redline happened real fast. Top end of about 80mph. Holy crap, did it ever to that fast! But on the street, that's about only as fast as it needed to go!
I've never met anyone that could shift like that. Except for the hot babe driving a near identical Z-28, that just plain out drove him!
Shoulda married that one!

dangileri

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awsome story xD yea car chicks are never single for long

Im hestitant to touch the engine because it starts every time and ive gotten mid 20s out of her mpg wise- if i remeber right its like a 600rpm difference from 3.42s to 4.11s and like 400 from 3.42 to 3.73s. I know i could live with a low top speed and lower cruising speed, question is how tall a gear to run before i run into trouble- my hotrod weighs under 2000 lbs and has 3.42s- but makes about 300/300 and is a stick, so when i want to race i bring her out. I just want to be able to atleast keep up with 350s in the same vehicle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dangileri

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am ready to order gears (4.10s), but i was wondering if i could change the shift points would the truck feel quicker? At wot she shifts at 2800, if this was closer to 3500+ maybe i could make better use of the gears and actually wind em out. Anyone know if i can change shift points and if so how? Would a dyno shop know? Theres one about 20 miles from here

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Never driven the v6, bit sounds like you have a rev limmiter of some description to me. At WOT it should almost hit red line. No wonder the hamster car beat you!

dangileri

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 4l60e- that .7 final drive is great lolmy hotrod has 3.73s and a 4 speed, im use to cruzing slow. And a rev limiter while only in gear? N or p she will revv all day, and manual first or 2nd shell revv out no prob. Only d and od she shifts low- 28 at wot and 23/4 cruising

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Honestly if you wana keep up with 350s swap in a 350 and if you wana race manual shift it

dangileri

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Honestly if you wana keep up with 350s swap in a 350 and if you wana race manual shift it

I general am afraid to manual shift it if i over rev a gear since i get so caught up in the act- but there are occasions i manual shift. And the reason i have this 305 is someone swapped there camaro from 305 to a 350.