answer to any 4l60e trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blue96

HANO Motorsports
Reaction score
Great write up, I think my problem might be:

25. Torque converter shudder in 4th while lockup is engaged; problem goes away when the brake pedal is pressed slightly to unlock converter. Have a shop verify line pressure, and provided no valves in the TCC hydraulic circuit are worn, replace the torque converter. Also, Lubegard Shudder Fix will at least fix this for awhile. Or try a transmission flush by a shop that uses BG brand products.

I will take my rig to Keith Hunter and see what he says.

Oh and Geaux Tigers!

86454k30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok I have a question. I just bought a 95 2 door tahoe 5.7 4L60 with 166K. This isn't my first GMT400 and the tranny seems to shift late and firm. Something like this...1-2 about 2400 RPMS, 2-3 about the same RPM. It shifts firm into these gears. OD works as it should and goes in with no problem. Nothing seems to be irratic when shifting just seems late and firm. If I let off the gas in these RPM ranges it works fine. Any ideas or am I just looking for a problem that isn't there? Does anyone know what the shift points are? I don't believe the tranny has been rebuilt so I don't think it has a shift kit installed. Thanks for any help.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
Ok I have a question. I just bought a 95 2 door tahoe 5.7 4L60 with 166K. This isn't my first GMT400 and the tranny seems to shift late and firm. Something like this...1-2 about 2400 RPMS, 2-3 about the same RPM. It shifts firm into these gears. OD works as it should and goes in with no problem. Nothing seems to be irratic when shifting just seems late and firm. If I let off the gas in these RPM ranges it works fine. Any ideas or am I just looking for a problem that isn't there? Does anyone know what the shift points are? I don't believe the tranny has been rebuilt so I don't think it has a shift kit installed. Thanks for any help.
this is very interesting, normally if something is wrong then it shift late and soft and actually seems to be delayed......i dont know if you have any contact with the previous owner but id see if you could ask and see if maybe they put a higher stall torque converter in when they owned it, like perhaps a 2400 stall? but it doesnt sound like anything is "wrong" but norrmally 4l60e's shift at 1900-2100 when just driving normally

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On my 93 4L60E I have a B&M shift kit which didn't help much at all and I also have a Jet Trans dealy to raise the line pressure well what's going on with my Trans is when I put it in reverse it slips a tad and more on a HOT Texas day well I added a bottle of Lucas and now I feel no bump when I hit second gear now and it's been cool over here so I really can't tell if it's working better and I haven't driven my truck much so im hoping when I go and see my grand kids on X-Mas the Lucas fixes it up my trip is at least 500 miles round trip.

We had a older Mazda MPV at one time well I added a bottle of Lucas and it fixed the bad slipping it had so the stuff is good. Oh the slipping on my truck has been happening for around six years.