answer to any 4l60e trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
lol well i know all the components of the transmission but im not 100% sure "how" it all works, i know it has to do with certain pressures in the transmission combined with the computer telling the 2 shift solenoids when to engage and disengage, shift solenoids are know to go bad and are easy to replace

gimmel1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I think its somethin other than the trans does anyone know how the rpm
signal effects the shifting because when the truck is cold it will shift when hot or warm it won't

gimmel1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have done that I've replaced all but the tcc solenoid. I'm wondering if a bad control module or a pickup could be bad, cause its heat related

felon637

Reaction score
Take it to a shop and have them diagnose it as stated above.

The shifts are controlled by the PCM with inputs from the VSS, Tach, TPS, ECT, MAP, and Trans Position Switch. The signals from these sensor are compared to maps in the EPROM then the PCM gives the requested command to the transmission.

gimmel1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't find any one around here that does that that is not outrageously expensive and I've had codes checked and all I have is code 67