Another HVAC water leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cnowalk

Geologist
Reaction score
After removing the carpet from the passenger side of my truck (carpet is total loss due to massive water leak over time and it was gross anyway), I noticed that my HVAC box leaks water, mostly from around the foam seal by the firewall, while the A/C is running. Water drips out at a good pace from the drain under the hood and doesn't seem to be clogged, yet I'm still getting water inside of the truck. I have also removed my blower motor and cleaned out the gunk that accumulated in the tomb of the evaporator coil. Still leaks. What can I do to stop the leak? Has anyone seen this before? Would swapping out the little elbow for something longer help? Perhaps water is running back toward the firewall because of that short elbow. I definitely need to fix it prior to installing new carpet.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it coming from inside the case or outside? I've had issues with my evap case "sweating" with condensation and making it appear that the case was leaking. High humidity environment like LA or FL can cause that.

cnowalk

Geologist
Reaction score
Seemed to me that it was coming from inside of the case. I ran some silicone along the seams and so far so good, no more leaking. I won't get too excited yet though!