Another GMT400 Gone...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RGV2DRHOE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did it again and bought another vehicle. It is a really bitter sweet experience seeing my 2dr hoe go but the trade up is not bad at all. It's the same 2500 I had asked opinions about in another thread but this time I found the deal I was looking for with financing.

Anyway here she is:

You must be registered for see images attach

I've always said the only thing that could make me get rid of my hoe was a chevy2500, or a dodge powerwagon and I found a great deal on this thing that just could'nt be passed up. It's got some miles on it but in unbelievable shape for the year and miles it has. I hate letting the tahoe go but it was getting to the point that it was going to need some serious wrench time with in a year, and with the newborn and starting up the academy in fall, it just made more sense to trade up on a good deal. So what do you all think?

achevyman1956

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
From another 2dr owner. too bad you got rid of it but that is a good looking truck and if you got a deal then well you do whats best for your fam. Very nice 2500.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
couple things worry me about that truck, 1) why does it have Z71 stickers, 2) why does it have those carriage bolts in the front bumper?

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
1. why is it the wrong year sticker? 2. Why cant people put these in the correct location?

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
1. why is it the wrong year sticker? 2. Why cant people put these in the correct location?

Z71 is only on 1/2ton's, not available on a 2500+, im just wondering why the bolts are even there, to me it screams plow or something, but looking at rest of truck it doesn't look abused, so :dunno:

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
some of the bumpers have those carriage bolts dont know why but i've seen them on a few friends 2500's and my truck i drive for work has them and their factory bumpers

RGV2DRHOE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
couple things worry me about that truck, 1) why does it have Z71 stickers, 2) why does it have those carriage bolts in the front bumper?

Yeah those stickers are dumb I already removed the grey and red pin striping from the truck and those stickers are next, my guess is dealerships around here think people see z71 and it'll sell faster cause they put them on everything down here. As far as the bolts I dont know which ones your talking about, but the car fax says the trucks a south texas truck so definitely no plowing lol. It does hava a gooseneck hitch on the frame tho so I do know he towed with it, and judging by the dog smell in the truck I know it was for some good distances. That damn dog had to have lived in that truck for days for the smell to still be in there lol

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Yeah those stickers are dumb I already removed the grey and red pin striping from the truck and those stickers are next, my guess is dealerships around here think people see z71 and it'll sell faster cause they put them on everything down here. As far as the bolts I dont know which ones your talking about, but the car fax says the trucks a south texas truck so definitely no plowing lol. It does hava a gooseneck hitch on the frame tho so I do know he towed with it, and judging by the dog smell in the truck I know it was for some good distances. That damn dog had to have lived in that truck for days for the smell to still be in there lol
the two bolts in the front bumper, nice truck btw, it just seems odd to me.