Another faulty Brake light issue with no found solution!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TruckinThruTEXAS

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today I had a day off and took the project for test drive to test my new trans solenoids come to find out I have no brake lights.... pulled the tailight off checked for power to all wires checked the bulbs all are good. Fuse is good. Pulled down my brake light switch tested it with a test light and it's also sending power. I understand that I do have power going to my brake lights because my turn signals work and they power off the same circuit. What can it be? Help please.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had same problem, if I took brake switch off I could make brake lights work, but as soon as I put switch into place no brake lights. Replaced switch and brake lights worked fine.

Cruise control wont work either if brake switch is bad.

TruckinThruTEXAS

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its a 94 btw. And what do you mean take off the switch and they would work?

I've also bought a new switch just to make sure it wasn't the switch but that didn't do it either....I replaced the turn signal switch with a known good one since looking at the diagram the power from the brake switch passes thru the turn/hazard switch first than to the back......still no brake lights.

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I meant that I could remove switch and make brake lights work, but when the switch was installed on rod they would not.

kidd666

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Could be your circut boards. One of my brake lights works occasionally but the turn signal works all the time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

TruckinThruTEXAS

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've also just checked all my grounds were good so that ones out of the question

jcal73

Reaction score
Where would the Circuit boards be located?

I think he is talking about the boards that are on the lights themselves.
When you remove the light test where the bulb actually plugs in.
You should then be able to test at the connector that plugs into the light board.
If you have signal at the connector and not the bulb the board is bad.
Hope that helps!
Jeff

TruckinThruTEXAS

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys well I pulled the fuse and tested to see if there was power to the brake fuse grounded my test light had my brakes pressed and the voila I had brake lights!! Must be a bad ground somewhere..... I can't find it though?? Any suggestions?

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
On the frame near the drivers side bumper mount, these are notorious for giving problems