Another A/C related thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue975speed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, so I've had my 97 for a year now. When I first got it, A/C worked fine no problems. Now the compressor will not kick. Now before you say "jump the low limit", already been there done that and got the shirt. I have power to everything except the compressor clutch. The high limit, the backup high limit, the low limit, the control, ect. I can't figure out the problem. If I jump the bottom left part of the relay to the top right, the clutch will kick on but with the relay it will not. Please any help is appreciated.

Blue975speed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I swapped it with the starter relay yesterday before I posted this and still nothing. Jumping the low plug and unplugging both high limit plugs won't even make it come on. It's beyond me.

Blue975speed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
light works, control works, truck idles up signaling that it does have substantial pressure in the tank. Plus checked all fuses to start with. lol

Blue975speed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It won't take freon unless you can get the compressor clutch to kick (been there before too). I can try it and make the clutch kick by jumping it at the relay to take the freon but then it bypasses the limit switches. That will be my next option, just hope I don't seize the compressor. Maybe it will some how work after it takes some.