another 4L60E shifts intermittently

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daniel Brown

Reaction score
Hey all,
My 1996 4L60e has a couple of issues that I need some input on. To begin with, I changed the filter and am flushing it today and changing to Dex VI. I have a new trans cooler to install as well.
Here's the issue, the tranny seems to shift fine while cool but once it warms up it will shift gears some times at lower rpms and not other. Another issue is that it always seems to shift into overdrive like it is slipping. when cruising about 60mph it rides on that slip somewhat until I give it gas and then engages completely. Reading about the electrical issues I wonder if there they could be causing problems. Also, I read something about fuel pressure being an issue.
Any thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check your tps and map sensor. Both have a direct link in how your transmission shifts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Daniel Brown

Reaction score
thanks I will try this. I just finished with the flush and replaced with dex VI and installed a trans cooler. It seems to be much better than before. Not new but better.

Dan