Always Check your battery Connections

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Whitehoe

The Big Bad Tahoe
Reaction score
I was recently driving around when randomly my radio would shut off. My abs, parking brake, and air bag, warning lights would come on for a split second then they would shut off and the radio would come back on the first time it happened i thought it was just a quirk and thought nothing of it than it happened again and again checked fuses couldnt figure it out. than two days ago i was turning onto a very busy bridge and my truck completely shut it self off i slipped the truck into neutral and it started right back up i got home and started checking grounds went for a test drive got the ABS to kick on and it killed it and i couldnt start it back up popped the hood and wiggled the negative battery terminal got back in and it started right up went home tightned battery connections now i cant get the thing to die

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
Good point. My truck started just randomly not starting. Get in the truck hit the key, nothing. Hit it a couple more times and it'd crank right up. Thought my battery was going out, checked the cables and they were loose. Tightend them up and haven't had any problems since!!!

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Everyone should at least be checking their terminals/cables every oil change, and at least cleaning them once every 3 months with a terminal brush and if you are really smart, spraying some battery terminal protector (the red stuff) on there.