Alternator replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aarolar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fixing to have to replace my alternator due to bad bearing in mine and I was wondering if there are any worthwhile upgrades or should I just go back stock?

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Depends on current draw. If you havent added a lot of aftermarket electrical demand to your charging system then stay stock. Different output alternators came with different options. You can bolt in a higher amperage alternator, everything is the same except the price.

aarolar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Depends on current draw. If you havent added a lot of aftermarket electrical demand to your charging system then stay stock. Different output alternators came with different options. You can bolt in a higher amperage alternator, everything is the same except the price.

I haven't yet but I have two really nice 3000 watt inverters I would like to install at least one of them and possibly a winch one day.

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
2x3000 watt inverters AND a winch...... I would think you would want more than a 140 amp alternator. At least upgrade the wiring and maybe run dual batteries.

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you upgrade the alternator make sure you improve the factory wiring... Ask me how I know