all quad beemers.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
Lets start first step: So what you want to do is remove the grille obviously. Un screw the lower parking lamps unplug those and pull them out. You will have to unplug both marker light. Now you shouldnt have to remove the marker lense as you see in the pic with the self tapper. I did some redneck ingenuity to keep my lower part of the grille pushed back cause of the lack of bracketry i have. Just becareful or you will need to add self tappers to yours as well. Lol
You must be registered for see images attach

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
Step 3. Your grille should be able to come off now. Becareful with the marker light bulbs DO NOT TRY TO PULL THE BULBS OUT THE SOCKET IF THEY WORK. they break if you look at them wrong. You have to push down on the tabs of the valence which is the plastic peice by the bumber then it comes right off. You truck will look like this.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
Step 3. Your grille should be able to come off now. Becareful with the marker light bulbs DO NOT TRY TO PULL THE BULBS OUT THE SOCKET IF THEY WORK. they break if you look at them wrong. You have to push down on the tabs of the valence which is the plastic peice by the bumber then it comes right off. You truck will look like this.
fyi the space between the a.c condenser and the driver side head-light is where the power steering cooler that I was telling you about mounts

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
step 4: locate your wires. The wire color brown and black is the same on your as the pig tails you will need from the 88 89 trucks for the high or low beam. And also green and black just make sure the green is on green black is on black etc youll be ok. you also have . pull the wires out of the harness and cut them farther back if you can on the 88 89. That will give you plenty of wire to work with. . Now you dont have to but. Cut the wire 2 to 3 inches back from the plug on your truck remember those plugs are still good and can be used to swap back or for another truck.

Last edited:

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
fyi the space between the a.c condenser and the driver side head-light is where the power steering cooler that I was telling you about mounts
the skinny rectangle thing is the power steering cooler your dads truck might have one you can see it through the grille