All my lights are messed up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Soooo not sure what happened, I was putting a new fender on my truck and when I was connecting the cables back to the battery, my ground wire touched the positive cable and it had a little spark and when I got everything put back together, all my headlights were messed up and things on my dash were lit up for no reason. Anybody know what's up? :(:bawl:

98silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
View media item 31015High Beams

View media item 31014Low Beams

No idea what happened, checked fuses and no burnt fuses, I don't have a headlight fuse but I went through all of them, also my horn doesn't go off when I lock it with my fob but it still honks if I press it on the wheel. Parking lights setting work fine. Odometer shows my right turning signal is on when lights are switched on and the blue high beam icon is dim when lights are switched on. Lights and horn happened at the same time, any guesses?

Last edited:

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Is this a 98 Silveraydo? Can't see the pics, but obviously if you shorted them out, there's still a good chance that either a fuse is blown (you definitely do have a headlight fuse, but if it was blown most likely they just wouldn't work at all) Or maybe even melted a ground wire if it was long enough of contact.

98silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is this a 98 Silveraydo? Can't see the pics, but obviously if you shorted them out, there's still a good chance that either a fuse is blown (you definitely do have a headlight fuse, but if it was blown most likely they just wouldn't work at all) Or maybe even melted a ground wire if it was long enough of contact.

How can I let you see them? And I don't have one labeled headlights, all I have is the DRL but I took that out when I got the truck and the contact wasn't more than a second. Could it be anything in the switch or the stick on the column?