alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GT_80

Always Tinkerin'
Reaction score
Anyone ever done their own alignment on a 1500 4x4? My truck has the torsion bars all the way at the bottom, and the tires have positive camber (i think it's positive- they tilt out at the top).

I want to crank the torsion bars up about an inch, and I am afraid since the tires are already cambered out, that I won't have enough adjustment to get it back into alignment. The ball joints and everything are tight, so I am not sure why the camber is so far off with torsions at the bottom, but the truck has like 2" rake and looks stupid.

any ideas?

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
Anyone ever done their own alignment on a 1500 4x4? My truck has the torsion bars all the way at the bottom, and the tires have positive camber (i think it's positive- they tilt out at the top).

I want to crank the torsion bars up about an inch, and I am afraid since the tires are already cambered out, that I won't have enough adjustment to get it back into alignment. The ball joints and everything are tight, so I am not sure why the camber is so far off with torsions at the bottom, but the truck has like 2" rake and looks stupid.

any ideas?
If you crank just have it aligned. Tires and front work is expensive

sent from my galaxy potatoe s5

GT_80

Always Tinkerin'
Reaction score
how much adjustment is in the front end though? I thought they only have like a +- 1.5 degree adjustment. If it's already out, I just wonder if there is enough adjustment if I crank the torsions more.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
As you crank the keys, the camber will change towards negative. If the cam's rotate in the upper control arm bushings and the knockouts have been removed, you can get close to 3 degrees of movement.