Air conditioning system info?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyman98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What year? Biggest thing is putting oil in the compressor if it comes dry. As for oil in the system is anyone guess on what's actually in the system, but if you vacuum it down technically it should remove most to all oil in the ac system.

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I forgot my signature doesn't have that anymore, it's a '94 :lol: The vacuum will pull all the moisture out, you'll get a small amount of oil with the recovered refrigerant but most just stays in whatever component it happens to be in. Most everything I work on at my day job I can pull up a balance chart that list out how much oil remains in each component (1.5 oz for the evaporator etc...) so you can calculate the correct amount to add back in after replacing something. I was thinking there might be such a thing for these trucks but maybe not.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
To not instantly void the warranty on your new compressor, you should be flushing the entire system using A/C flush solvent, and replacing the orifice tube and dryer. This should squash your concerns about how much oil is left in the system...none.

Richard