Aftermarket Steering Wheel vs Non-Airbag Stock Wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Hello,

What do you guys prefer on the 95-98's? I recently bought an $80 Grant steering wheel and don't know if I want to switch back to the non-airbag style... :oops:

The reason why I bought aftermarket wheel was, because I liked how the steering wheel grip was a little more easier to grip, whereas the stock non-airbag was a little thick. Plus, the new wheel is a little close to the multifunction switch on the column, which bothered me the first time when I switched to a 88-94 steering wheel. There is still enough room, but it just still bothers me, even though it still has enough room to turn on the high beams. But I don't know, for some reason, I just can't be satisfied. Oh well, at least I am trying stuff out. Or am I just wasting money? :shrug:

Also, if you don't mind, how would go about removing the aftermarket wheel? I know how to get the wheel off and the extension, but I don't know how to get the spine-shaft adapter off.

Thanks in advance! :Rock on:

Last edited:

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Topic can be locked now. I just decided to go return the wheel and trade it in for some all chrome or blue interior door handles, they are getting pretty faded - to sky blue! :eek: