Adjustable Engine Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DGA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I keep thinking of putting a 4L80E to replace the 4L60E that is in my truck currently. I'm not a fan of having to lenghten or reduce the driveshafts though. The 80E is about 1-1/8" longer, so after looking at some LSx swaps and the way you can pick up some adjustable engine mounts to slide the engine fore and aft, I was thinking about doing something like this to move the 5.7L forward. I would not have to cut or lenghten my stock driveshafts this way. Anyone know of any?

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Do you have E-fans? If not you might have radiator clearance problems.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Also, along with the oil pan & starter clearances to the crossmember? I'm guessing without measuring.
Your exhaust would be outa whack too.
Cost me $75.00 to have my driveshaft balanced. Can't see it being any more than another $50.00 or so to have it cut to length, while it's out.
If I was to do this, I'd upgrade to the aluminum one, & spend my $$$ on that.

DGA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you have E-fans? If not you might have radiator clearance problems.

Not yet, but that is easily do able and something that is on the list. I do think that there is about 3-5" between the fan and the radiator too.

Also, along with the oil pan & starter clearances to the crossmember? I'm guessing without measuring.
Your exhaust would be outa whack too.
Cost me $75.00 to have my driveshaft balanced. Can't see it being any more than another $50.00 or so to have it cut to length, while it's out.
If I was to do this, I'd upgrade to the aluminum one, & spend my $$$ on that.

I have a long box extra cab 4x4, so the rear shaft is a 2-piece, I dont' think they come as aluminum. I'd need the front one lengthened too to keep my four wheel drive, which I've heard can be a problem since it's one splined shaft sliding inside another.

As for the exhaust, it would not be a big deal for me to lenghten it. I have to replace my catalytic converter(s), so I was going to get some long tubes, pre bent mandrel exhaust pipe and fab up my own exhaust.

I guess in the end I have to stick my head in there and see if the rest of the plumbing would stretch enough, like AC, PS, heater hoses, various wiring, etc.

Dang...you just might have talked me out of it.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
It isn't very expensive to have the front made either. I had a new one made for mine.