Adding another fuel tank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
shoot i wanna try and get that rear one that fits between the rails and keep the original one and have 2 tanks, with a switch between them i just dont know how hard it is or what is required to do so

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I don't think one of these will fit between the frame rails of a truck. A suv runs a totally different frame than a pickup. I know the receiver hitches are not interchangeable because of width differences.
Not true theres a yukon hitch on my truck as we speak
shoot i wanna try and get that rear one that fits between the rails and keep the original one and have 2 tanks, with a switch between them i just dont know how hard it is or what is required to do so
Had it like that in my ford it suck and was so inconvienent woulda been much nicer just to have one big tank

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not true theres a yukon hitch on my truck as we speak

Had it like that in my ford it suck and was so inconvienent woulda been much nicer just to have one big tank

We have a 82 gmc 2500 with dual tanks doesnt seem to inconvenient?

Damn whered you find those? any writeup???

83GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Western WA from Eastern WA, aka the wet side from
Hey now... I am liking this idea. I know some chassis cabs had two with an fuel balance module in there somewhere. This bodes some research.

Sent from my marvel of Jobs' technology that is lucky I haven't backed over it with the flatbed using Tapatalk 2...