Actron CP9690 Scan Tool- Yes or No?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homesick

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
How 'bout this then?

What scanners do you like or dislike?

joe

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Far as I'm concerned, you're better-off buying a used-but-good-condition Professional-grade scan tool, instead of a "new" consumer-grade scan tool.

The pro tool is sure to have more functionality.

Mine is an ancient Snap-On MTG-2500. Very similar to the MT-2500. They quit making/supporting them more than a decade ago. At some point, I'll buy a newer scan tool--possibly another Snap-On (Solus Pro, Solus Ultra, something like that.)

OTC has the Genysis series, and the Pegysis, each with several generations of tool and software. OTC has screwed me pretty hard on a warranty claim for a supposedly "Lifetime Warranty", so they're on my personal shiit-list. Bosch has scan tools, too. I've never worked with any of these--but plenty of other folks have. There's lots of other options for professional scan tools.

See what's available on eBay or your local Craigslist.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a solus edge. The more i mess with it the more i am liking it. To me it was a extremely expensive purchase but it will pay for itself in time. I know in my area they are about half the price that they where 6 months ago. New it cost me about 2700 dollars. When i first looked at them they where 4800.

homesick

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you, fellas.

It sounds like maybe I should look into some of the current clones/imports. Anyone know anything about those?

joe