Acquiring Arteb Brazil GMT400 headlight reflectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stage 1 enroute status:

I'm watching the latest shipments to the US. The (multiple) packages seem to be moving in lockstep, as I would expect.

I honestly expect everyone's packages to be forwarded to Miami shortly based on what I've seen in the past. Once they're on US soil they'll move pretty quickly.

Here's tracking information for one of the packages as of 3pm Mountain time (I cut and pasted the results into Google to translate... use your imagination a bit to "read through" the translation):

Object forwarded to customs inspection for export
SAO PAULO-SP
02/25/2022 04:25

Object in transit - please wait
of Treatment Unit, SALVADOR - BA
for Treatment Unit, ARACAJU - SE
2/24/2022 20:53

of Post Office, JACOBINA - BA
for Treatment Unit, SALVADOR - BA
02/23/2022 16:54

Posted object
JACOBINE - BA 02/23/2022 16:54

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stage 1 exception status:

What fun would it be if everything worked the way it was supposed to work?

Somewhere in the shipping process, while still in Brazil, an exception occurred and the carrier (Correios) is returning all shipments to the Forwarder (in Jacobina, BA).

This isn't "The End"... it's a bump in the road that has not happened to me in the past. So...

FYI folks, there's been a delay and it'll be resolved.

I've contacted all affected parties personally, prior to this post.

Stay tuned for updates.

PS: Below is the tracking information (translated from Portuguese to English) from the carrier Correios for one of the shipments. I highlighted the exception in bold. Notice, thereafter, the package is retracing its steps back to Jacobina (via "SALVADOR").

(translated tracking follows - most recent status first)

Object in transit - Treatment Unit, SAO PAULO - SP for Treatment Unit, SALVADOR - BA 03/02/2022 21:55

Object in transit - Integrated Logistics Unit, SAO PAULO - SP for Treatment Unit, SAO PAULO - SP 03/02/2022 14:39

In return to origin by determination of the Federal Revenue SAO PAULO-SP 03/02/2022 09:51

Object forwarded to customs inspection for export SAO PAULO-SP 02/25/2022 04:25

Object in transit - Treatment Unit, SALVADOR - BA for Treatment Unit, ARACAJU - SE 02/24/2022 20:53

Object in transit - Post Office, JACOBINA - BA for Treatment Unit, SALVADOR - BA 02/23/2022 16:54

Posted object JACOBINA - BA 02/23/2022 16:54

Last edited:

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stage 1 exception update:

The packages have all been returned to Jacobina and were received today. Notably, the packages were unopened, i.e., their contents had not been inspected.

The Forwarder is working with the shipper (Correios) to determine the root cause for the exception and will make arrangements to re-ship ASAP.

Any additional cost for (re)shipping will not be passed along to the recipients, we'll just eat it as part of our lesson in International Shipping
You must be registered for see images attach

This is yet another reason why I wanted to ship in stages (see my earlier posts in this thread on the topic). We made an unforeseen mistake in Stage 1, but we'll learn something new from it and we'll use what we've learned to improve future shipments.

Last edited:

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stage 1 re-born: We're going to try shipping, again.

What happened the first time? We don't know the problem that caused all the shipments to be returned, yet. We know the shipper believed the boxes were "commercial" shipments and sent them back. But... Why? Well, we shipped to a commercial address and that may have raised suspicion... or, we might have raised suspicion because we shipped four large boxes at one time. But.. What's wrong with "commercial"? I don't know, but the shipper cared... probably something to do with export taxes or such things. Anyway...

We're going to start shipping again, but we're going to go slowly, shipping one package at a time, and we're not shipping to any commercial addresses.

Perhaps we'll get the first package sent Tuesday or Wednesday. We hope to ship every other day, thereafter.

Meanwhile, we've requested from the shipper a formal explanation regarding the returned packages, and from it we hope to learn exactly what happened so we can do better. Until then, we're going to tiptoe.

Last edited:

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stage 1 re-born: First package (re)shipped!

We (re)shipped a package today.

We will ship the next package when today's shipment clears customs, which takes a few days due to transit time to Sao Paulo and customs' processing time. Why wait for customs? Given that we don't yet know the exact reason for the problem (see last paragraph of my post from yesterday), the local shipping office suggested this course.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stage 1 re-born: Update Sat Mar12

Evidently the shipment we launched on Mar8 is on its way to the post office in Sao Paulo. Once there, it goes to Customs (as I understand the process anyway) and from there to Miami, FL.

Here are the details. The most recent entry says it left Salvador for Sao Paulo on Mar9.

I trust this shipment won't bounce back.

I expect it'll be through Customs and destined for Miami, next week.

from Treatment Unit, SALVADOR - BA
for Integrated Logistics Unit, SAO PAULO - SP
03/09/2022 21:12

from Post Office, JACOBINA - BA
for Treatment Unit, SALVADOR - BA
03/08/2022 17:08

Object posted after unit cutoff time
JACOBINE - BA
Subject to forwarding next business day
03/08/2022 17:02