accessories drive bracket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JurgenS

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a SBC ZZ4 that I'm converting to EFI with a Pro Flo XT manifold.

You must be registered for see images attach

The issue I have is that my accessories drive bracket is hitting the water neck and it can't be used anymore. The bracket I have is a stock one from an '89 c1500 with steering pump, alternator and ac compressor.

I was thinking of using the brackets from a TPI engine but not sure if that would work and if my Saginaw steering pump would fit on the TPI brackets.

Anyone got an idea or what other options do I have besides going the expensive way and buying a set of March or Concept One pulleys and brackets?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Junk that thing, or if it's not cracked yet, sell it. Those almost always, literally just about always, crack near the power steering pump.

Try the two piece aluminum setup from a 90-95 TBI.

Edit - actually, I think I can already see the crack in yours. Could just be my imagination. :)

Richard

JurgenS

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
No you're right, it is already cracked. Too bad I had it just powder coated.

The brackets you're referring too, do they look like these?

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
You could even move to the newer set up on vortecs, the alternator mount looks like this:

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

I don't have a picture of the a/c compressor bracket and the power steering bracket handy.

JurgenS

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can I use the same Saginaw steering pump as before or do I also need one from a more recent version?