Accessing Rear AC Condenser Coils - Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

my name is alex

suckin' gas
Reaction score
I just cleaned out my front AC coil and am liking the results so far. I found some how-to vids online for this, but am not having any luck finding info on cleaning the rear coils. I'm assuming they're on the passenger side somewhere in that box along the inner wall in the back. I know the fan is there. Any tips or tricks to getting to it - just pull out the interior and have a go?

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disconnect the AC and heater lines, pull the interior panels off the rear passenger side, and pull the case out. Then split the case and clean out the evap. Probably not necessary as the rear unit pulls air from inside the truck, and doesn't get that wonderful mix of dirt, leaves, and crap that the front does.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

my name is alex

suckin' gas
Reaction score
Thanks Saatr. Is it necessary to disconnect the AC and heater lines - can I just clean the coils in place without pulling them out or are they not accessible this way?

There was dog hair all over the rear of the truck so I'm just expecting to find a lot of dog hair on the coils.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are inaccessible. The box is held together by screws that cannot be removed without removing the box from the truck. Specifically, they are between the box and the quarter panel/fender area.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk