AC recirculate actuator location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarkIII

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where the recirculate actuator is located? I see the actuator for hot and cold but that's it. Thanks in advance.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
In the most pain in the ass spot possible, to the right of the evaporator core and heater core. If you look underneath the dash there, the flap you see behind the grille is the fresh air/recirculate flap...that is ahead of the blower motor area. So nearby of course is the actuator. Here's a pic from underneath, during replacement

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

MarkIII

Reaction score
In the most pain in the ass spot possible, to the right of the evaporator core and heater core. If you look underneath the dash there, the flap you see behind the grille is the fresh air/recirculate flap...that is ahead of the blower motor area. So nearby of course is the actuator. Here's a pic from underneath, during replacement

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

Sounds about par for the course. Thanks for the help!

MarkIII

Reaction score
It can be a pain to replace and some manuals will tell you to pull the dash. Totally not necessary.

Here's a writeup I did on replacing it, which is where that pic came from: http://www.chevytalk.org/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/170970

Richard
Not sure if mine is out or not. I know I can hit the button and you definitely hear a difference in the air flow, but temp doesn't change. My ac is not getting cold enough and someone suggested it could be flap not closing all the way.