AC Delco 217-2286 injector ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

navyboy65

Reaction score
Ok so I was looking at getting new injectors for my 94 350, and saw that rockauto had "wholesaler closeout private label" ac delco pro 217-2286 injectors for $40 each. So I ordered up a set and gave them a look over. First thing was the filter has moved
You must be registered for see images attach
(pic is from rock auto and does have the AC Delco logo background to it)
the filter is not on the nozzle neck but at the base of the injector body
Also the spray nozzle has been recessed back, it is not of the tip

Also major difference I saw was the back of the injector is now plastic instead of metal?

So my questions to you;
Is GM/AC Delco changing to this design and if so is it better? Or are these injectors bad knock offs or for a different application?
Don't want to waste my time with them till I get some feedback as I am leaning toward returning them!

Box picture

Side view

also saw this on amazon http://www.amazon.com/Standard-Moto...r=1994|1994&carId=004&n=15684181&s=automotive
shows the same looking injector as I got

Last edited:

lkfldredneck

HILLBILLY DELUXE!!!
Reaction score
For all my years being around GM cars and parts, AC delco usually had a printed blue box. Unless rockauto switches the boxes or whatever but ive never ordered from them. Also $40 seems a little cheap for injectors, lmc has them for $150, though ive never done huge research on them.

If it is AC DELCO id think theyd keep with an OEM replacemt design instead of tampering with it

Sent from ******'s Cellular Device

navyboy65

Reaction score
For all my years being around GM cars and parts, AC delco usually had a printed blue box. Unless rockauto switches the boxes or whatever but ive never ordered from them. Also $40 seems a little cheap for injectors, lmc has them for $150, though ive never done huge research on them.
I agree that the injectors my not be genuine AC Delco as all the stuff I buy from them is in the blue/red/white boxes, but again these were sold as "wholesaler closeout private label". Also check out the first picture that is black/white, the background has the ACDELCO "water mark" in the back ground. Also looking on ebay/online I have found a few other places that are selling this different design. Standard Motor Products/Ultrapower TJ7 ?

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Entirely possible that ACDelco switched to a different supplier.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
AC Delco doesn't always mean OEM anymore. Many times they will use another supplier (like Standard Motor Products), repackage it, and mark up the price.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LilCVY