ABS, sensor's not working??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mysilvi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey all, I have a 98 K1500 Silverado and for the past 8years or so the ABS fuse has been pulled due to the fact when its in I have no brakes..the pedal is way to hard to push. I have a complete brake job to do and was wondering how hard it would be to remove and I guess clean the sensors. I believe they are located in the front hub assembly. Any suggestions I would really appreciate it, thanks in advance.

Mysilvi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well priced out front hubs today and I thought would be pricey but to my surpise there not. A freind of mine said he had to do it on his 03 Dually an wasnt that hard. So I guess nobody has this problem so I am just going to change them out and see whats wrong with oem's. I think maybe there is grease on them somehow messing with the prox sensor IDK. will update for those that dont know of this problem..

redneck98

All the girls wanna ride!
Reaction score
let me know how that works my 98 does the same thing. but only sometimes

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My dad's '02 Denali had the SAME thing for the past 5 years, only at slow speeds, going <20, put on brakes and all it did was make a whining noise, had to put it in park a few times to get it to stop to avoid a collision, ended up pulling the fuse, had been like that til last summer... Buddy's shop said he needed a whole new ABS system, brought it to VIP and it ended up being an $80 speed sensor in the frontend

Mysilvi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, and yes I allmost had countless collisions at first, brought in to the dealer and they fixed it 5 times and would last for about a week or so. Finally had enough and pulled the fuse, I was raised on non ABS so was no biggie for me. lol. The same here only at low speeds it would do this. This model year 98 I'm not sure if its accesable from outside the hub, think I have to remove it..will see.

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, and yes I allmost had countless collisions at first, brought in to the dealer and they fixed it 5 times and would last for about a week or so. Finally had enough and pulled the fuse, I was raised on non ABS so was no biggie for me. lol. The same here only at low speeds it would do this. This model year 98 I'm not sure if its accesable from outside the hub, think I have to remove it..will see.
Def check the speed sensors