ABS Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjmspartans

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, about 3000 miles ago I replaced both front ABS sensors as well as both wheel hubs and one CV axle on my 97 K2500 Suburban. It drove all the way from my old house on the California coast to Colorado with absolutely no issues -- ABS light was off, and the few times I needed to quickly stop the ABS kicked in as expected.

Today while I was in stop and go traffic, I noticed that when I barely pushed down on the brake pedal it'd start pulsating for a few seconds like the ABS kicked in and then the ABS light turned on. Put some gas in it about 30 minutes later, then the light was off when I left the gas station and got back on the freeway. A few miles later, ABS light turned back on.

For a decent portion of today, the ABS light wouldn't turn on until I put the truck in gear and got rolling. Any ideas? I don't have an ABS code reader and when I took it to AutoZone last time I had ABS issues, their code reader wouldn't read ABS codes. Turned out when I had some work done on the truck the idiot technician smashed the sensor wire between the steering knuckle and the wheel hub so I fixed it myself :banghead:

Anyways, here's a video. And of course with my luck, after I restarted it and tried engaging ABS the second time, the ABS light turned on a second after the video ended.

Thanks everyone!