About to own a 89 GMC Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77Impala

The Hauler
Reaction score
Hopefully in the next month I will have the truck in my position. A friend of mine and my family whom lost her father and mother last month will be selling me the truck. So far I know it has 330K miles but I am not worried about that. It also has a 5 speed manual transmission with a HD clutch installed. I will be teaching my teenage daughter how to drive with this truck and my wife and I will be using it to haul just about anything we can fit into it. And will be looking for a trailer to pull behind it as well.

Hope to learn more about these vehicles as I start enjoying driving it. I have always loved truck and for the price my friend is asking I could not pass this one up.

77Impala

The Hauler
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Got the VIN from the person in charge of it tonight, hope to have it insured tomorrow. And may even have it home on Friday. Had to bring the battery home for it was so low that even a jump start would not help it. Hoping the 18 month old battery did not freeze to death this past winter. I will know more tomorrow evening.

Do we have a 300K club on this forum? This will be my second vehicle with over 300K miles when I buy it, LOL.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Ive never owned a vehicle with something that high... LOL Welcome man! Post some pics when you bring her home!

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I know there are guys with over 400k on here youll fit right in!

sent from my outdated S3

77Impala

The Hauler
Reaction score
Well the battery is toast, but I have a spare that I am charging and it will be ready in the morning. Got insurance for it today. And still on track to bring it home tomorrow.

Now to see if there is a way to identify which transmission is in this truck. Seems there were either 4 or 5 versions of the 5 speed manual.

And yes Scotty I will post pics tomorrow. I already have several but waiting for the final deal to be set on paper, LOL.

woody31

Banned
Reaction score
welcome from winona texas population 576,,where in texas are you?? im close to tyler,,good luck with it,,