A/C delete pulleys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

naphidim

Reaction score
got a 1990 v6 262 chevy cheyenne TBI, want to put a a/c delete pulley cuz the compressor went out anyways, really all i want is for the heater to work does anyone know if the heater will work without the a/c, i would think it would but i don't know for sure, anyone help please thanx

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Yup, you can toss the compressor and heat still works fine.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sometimes the delete pulleys do not work on the older trucks due to the big steel bracket setup compared to the alum. type.

That's why most of the pulleys are listed for newer then 90 trucks last I checked with lmc.

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
The heat and ac are really unrelated for the most part. As long as you don't bypass your water pump (which will kill the engine) the hot coolant will be running through the heater core giving you heat.

naphidim

Reaction score
thanx guys, all the info i need :p thanx again, gonna start a huge rebuild on this truck, it needs it and i need the experience

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
My A/c doesn't work either, would i see an improvements by routing the belt around the pulley? (Less drag, more power?)

Not sure what you're asking.

Leaving the ac compressor on and non functional is no more drag than the pulley because the clutch "freewheels" when not powered.

The pulley is installed so the belt doesn't have a long unsupported run where it can "flap" excessively when turning.

Most gents install the pulley so they can remove all the ac components and still use the stock serpentine belt setup.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Recently did this to mine. A/C compressor is junk, but I don't want to completely remove the A/C system incase I want to redo it down the road. Took the compressor off, threw a delete pulley in there, and capped the lines.