A/c blend door check/replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just wondering if someone has a way to check to see if the ac blend door is working right or a way to replace it? I have no temp control in my 98, tried another HVAC (from junkyard) and still no difference, temp stays the same no matter where the dial is at. Would like a way to test to make sure th blend door actuator is working or test if HVAC is the issue.
Any help would be great.

hiredgun8

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you remove the vent on the floor you can look up into the box and see all 3 doors move when you move the selectors.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you remove the vent on the floor you can look up into the box and see all 3 doors move when you move the selectors.

Thanks the tip. Ended up removing the bottom from the heater core and the door was stuck 1/3rd open. I was able to pull it closed but actuator was not moving it so will have to see if actuator is getting power.

Mik3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the chevy blend door motors, but alot of the chrysler ones can be soldered to fix them. Do a search on google and you will see what I'm talking about

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the chevy blend door motors, but alot of the chrysler ones can be soldered to fix them. Do a search on google and you will see what I'm talking about

I have an extra actuator from an old 92 i had just hoping they didnt change through the years.

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hope this helps... its for 95-00 actuator, relay and harness location...

You must be registered for see images attach