99 Tahoe no start, got fuel and spark

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoolDude1975

Reaction score
Have you
Trying to get my new Tahoe started. It's getting fuel pressure and excellent spark. I've tried a little start fluid in the TB but it still doesn't try to bust off, just spins. I swapped the ignition module and coil off a running truck and still getting good spark, but still no pop. The tech moves while it's turning, so I'm assuming the crank and cam sensors are fine. Also checked aux b fuse, its fine. Showing no codes when I hook the scanner up. Lastly the engine sounds like it's not turning over quite as fast as it should, and I'm hearing a low end clank with each revolution. That brings timing to mind. I'm gonna check that the rotor button is on it (I was told it was pulled but should have been put back on) anything else I should check?
Have you done any work to it recently? I had the same problem after doing a tune up on it and after a month of pulling my hair out it turned out to be the distributor cap was 180 degrees off so I got that fixed and it runs like a champ now. I would almost bet that it has to do with the cap.

Reaction score
Have you

Have you done any work to it recently? I had the same problem after doing a tune up on it and after a month of pulling my hair out it turned out to be the distributor cap was 180 degrees off so I got that fixed and it runs like a champ now. I would almost bet that it has to do with the cap.

No, just bought it. It's been sitting for a year or so. I have already doubled checked the cap and etc.

Reaction score
well I finally got to get back under it and check the fuel pressure between the filter and the pump, and it shouldn't be any surprise but the pump is shot, its only putting out 4 pounds of pressure even after I prime it 10 times. so I'm gonna drain the fuel out and drop the tank. time to put a new pump in it.

Reaction score
Okay, I got the tank out, tested pressure again at the pump, still only 4-5 pounds. Noticed the return line was not snapped on the pump from when the tank was installed a few weeks ago, odd. Anyway, I've got the hanger apart and I have the pump out but I can't seem to get the fuel feed line off the pump motor, any ideas?