98 Yukon 4dr. 4x4 no start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Sense I bought this Yukon I've had no blinkers or hazards and the tilt no longer locks in place. Today I got another steering column and it's installed. Now everything works as it should, but now won't start. It'll try to fire but won't run, and after about three or four seconds hold the key in start it no longer fires. Any thoughts? Just did a search on security issues and found a thread on how to reset the security system. Will try that.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This did not work for me tonight. With the drl's on the two times I tried it, killed the battery. I tried pulling the fuse for the drl/for lights but did not kill the drl's. The battery was weak, so tomorrow will get a new one and try it again.

Reaction score
Ok truck is now starting. When I first tried the relearn, I had the key lock cylinder that came with the new steering column. I charged the battery over night, and just for the hell of it I changed out the lock cylinder. The relearn worked the first time trying it. Don't really know for sure if that was the problem on the first two tries yesterday, but it worked today. But, with my luck there is always a but, now the gear indicator light don't work, and now the check engine light is on. WTF

Reaction score
Folks let this be a lesson. When I did the security relearn, the battery kept draining down because of the DRL's. So I pulled the fuse for, so I thought, the drl/fog lights. Turns out I pulled the wrong fuse. I pulled the fuse for PRND. Which also is the same circuit as the tac, and speedo. After replacing that fuse alls good, and she's now up and runnin.