98 tahoe runs super rich???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is a California Spider? is it the conversion from CSFI To MPFI?
It's a very nice Ferrari, and in this case the CSFI to MPFI conversion.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

tahooe

Reaction score
Gee I was under the impression this forum is to try and help people ,saatr what kind of name is that ,,,stupid but its all good I fixed it myself no thanks to loo ss er nope replaced map ran good for about 20 min back to 7 cylinders and super rich?????????

Last edited:

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why don't you post the solution to your problem, and how you found it, rather than wasting space with childishness? That way, the next person that comes along with a similar problem and has the wherewithal to use the SEARCH function can gain something from your experience, and save the trouble of asking the question.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What was the cause of the problem? Someone down the line may find it helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tahooe

Reaction score
ok things changed because I don.t have a tech 2 and my scanner is pos ,so change from cpi to mpi just done new up stream o2 sensors all new plugs ,new distributor ,new tps sensor ,iac new map sensor new ,still have the problem .Starts easy idles for few seconds and goes rich 2 codes lean bank 1 rich bank 2 ,,,po174 and po135 ,I can drive it and see black smoke rollin out tail pipe ,if I mat the gas pedal it will stumble for a second and then take off like hell ,sometimes it runs smooth like brand new and you can drive it 20 iles and runs great and you can stop st it off 5 min later come and start in up and runs like crap egr works fuel pressure good ,new fuel filter ,cleaned maf looked at all air box and connections all good new temp sensor,sprayed all around intake looking for a vacum leak nothing .other nite drove it few miles and was missing and I swear I heard a click and it was like I flipped a switch and ran good ,running out of parts to replace has good compression too end of week ready to ls swap it

tahooe

Reaction score
Code is p0304?

Try swapping the spark plug to a cylinder that is not showing a misfire and see if it follows to that one.

Check fuel pressure to rule out a fuel pump/regulator or leaking injector.

Have the plugs, wires, distributor or cap and rotor been replaced recently?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fuel pressure good tried swapping plugs no change ,new dist with cap and rotor and converted injection from cpi to mpi