98 Sierra 1500 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1998 Sierra K1500 ECSB w/ Vortec 350.

I just picked this up yesterday. Plan on leveling and rims/33's to start. Any ideas on rim and tire combos?

You must be registered for see images attach

How it looks now;

PLANNED MODS:
Re-built Trans.
Hi-Flow Cats
Cowl Hood

Last edited:

98GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nice truck but don't buy keys, level it with the keys that's on it.
Will the stocks keys do the trick? Do I still need blocks and will they work with the air bags?

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Will the stocks keys do the trick? Do I still need blocks and will they work with the air bags?

The stock keys will crank to the bumpstops; but you shouldn't go that far. Aftermarket keys do nothing. Rear lift blocks are what you are talking about? If you crank a lot then I'd add 1" blocks if anything. Will in no way whatsoever affect your air bags.

Nice truck, welcome to the forum!

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes stock keys will do it and you can run rear blocks if you want, some do 1 inch some do 2 or 3 but I'm with Chris 1 inch block or nothing and crank to level. Anything higher will cause bad ride and can cause front end parts to have bad angles and wear out very fast.

Aftermarket keys will do that same thing very fast, overcrank, rough ride and wear out the front end.

98GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, thanks all for the advice. I am not looking for a huge lift or a rough riding truck so I will stick with the stockers and get some 1" blocks for now.