98 k1500 5.7l vortec power steering pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdoggystyle

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
im changing mine today.is there anything i might run into that i dont know about. got my pump and my pulley puller with all the tools i need. to remove the old pump. thanks.

Razor1981

Reaction score
It is pretty straight forward, if you got the puller, plenty of fluid and all the sockets and wrenches. U should be good, it is a rather simple part to swap, or at least simple by my standards :hmm:

jdoggystyle

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is pretty straight forward, if you got the puller, plenty of fluid and all the sockets and wrenches. U should be good, it is a rather simple part to swap, or at least simple by my standards :hmm:

i got everything off except the pump i took out the 3 mount bolts and the pump wont come out. its been there a while so maybe i need to force it out. is there something else holding it on besided the 3 bolts on the front?

jdoggystyle

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I GOT IT DONE. ON THE 5.7L VORTEC V8 THERE ARE THE 3 BOLTS IN THE FRONT AND THEN A BRACKET IN THE BACK IN WICH YOU REMOVE 2 NUTS. ONE FROM THE LITTLE ENGINE PULLER BRACKET AND ONE UNDERNEATH THE POWER STEERING PUMP.

USAFZ71

Reaction score
when i did mine. i put the power assist stuff back together and it started leaking. i had to get back to korea to finish my tour. i called the dealer and i couldnt get parts to fix it. they have a power assist delete hose they sell and it does away with the power assist. anyone done this?