98 GMC C1500 - Texas' Finest!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

satxwy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good suggestion, I hadn't thought of that.

But nope, they look fine.

satxwy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the pull figured out. All it ended up being was a bad alignment. I repacked the bearings and got it aligned = drives straight down the road. It had really bad cross caster to it before.

So with 2 days down of it driving great, today the brakes start acting up a bit. Ha! Lets see what it holds in store for me next. I've had more problems these last two months than the first two and a half years I owned it. Which means that all the great improvements to it will be on hold...

Update on the Treadwrights, they're still driving well and wearing like they should. After 1000+ miles or so they still look new. Sometimes I think they don't feel as planted to the road as the BFGs, but that's my only complaint so far.

satxwy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ended up being a leak where the brake hose connects to the hard brake line. Ended up having rear shoes and wheel cylinders replaced, drums turned, and new axle seals put in. It felt like such a luxury paying someone else to work on my truck. Brakes feel good now!

I'm thinking about buying a tool box for it. I was thinking black would go nice with the color. I've never been a fan of losing the bed length but I could really use the extra storage space.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Toolboxes can hold an amazing amount of stuff. I was hauling stuff for my boss once at a different job, he's in construction, so we started putting stuff in my tool chest- it was like filling a black hole. It took 300 ft of extension cord, two angle grinders, small air compressor, 300 ft. of air hose, paint brushes, and a bunch of other knick-knacks. It could still hold more- I was really surprised. Usually I just haul pop-cans and bungee cord stuff in my box, but when you need it for tools it sure holds a lot.

Yes, I'd do a black crossover on a truck like yours :D

satxwy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Just took a couple pictures of it today.... Still no toolbox.

satxwy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll even throw in a new fuel pump, is what it's looking like! Haha. Not a pretty sight on the flatbed, but I do think this picture captures her good side.

Edit: electrical short somewhere is what they are saying :nooo:

Last edited: