98 chevy 3500 crew cab 4x4 engine advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jmac

Reaction score
Hello
I just bought a crew cab 3500 4x4 which has no motor.
The previous owner took it out to rebuild it(454), ran out of money and sold the long block. I have been looking for a long block and gm wants close to 5 grand which seems kinda high. I have found a few long blocks for sale on Ebay but im not to sure how good they are. Does anyone know where I can get a reasonably priced 454 l29 long block? any advice would be awesome!

You must be registered for see images attach

Jmac

Reaction score
Thanks guys I'm just trying to put back what was there just to make it a little easier. I want it just to have as a tow rig and truck if I need it. Just didn't know if anybody had any experience with any reman motors? Thanks again

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
You can Get Long Blocks from Rock auto.

whatever you do, dont get a motor from Promar. they suck.

montess85

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know about your area but the local pick and pulls charge 200 for a engine with accessories....Call aroud junk yards and see what they have....

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I dont know about your area but the local pick and pulls charge 200 for a engine with accessories....Call aroud junk yards and see what they have....
How can that even be possible?