98 C1500 Long Tubes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joshua Martin

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just joined this site and thought I would take advantage of the wealth of knowledge on these forums. I'm looking to get long tubes on my truck. I found these http://www.summitracing.com/parts/pte-h8059/overview/year/1998/make/gmc/model/c1500 and they're exactly what I'm looking for.

Now my real question is what will I have to buy to connect them to my stock exhaust? I don't want to run my cats anymore so that's not a concern, I just need to know if they bolt up to what I already have that runs to my muffler, or if I need to redo all the exhaust entirely.

toclcl

Reaction score
I have patriot headers on my 98 4x4. They went in pretty good. Only complaint I have is that they were labeled as 98 k1500 headers but showed up at 88-95 headers. So they showed up with out an EGR bung and an 02 bung in the passengers side header. I removed my EGR, and had to tune it out in my 411. The 02 sensors I then extended and welded the bung in after the header. Haven't had any issues but I have not had it on a wide band or anything to look at it. I got rid of the Patriot gaskets and used the remflex gaskets, they are supposed to help out in retorqueing in that you will not have to redo header bolts. I put on a bout 1500k after install last year and no retorqueing or loose bolts. I had to redo my exhaust completely, had already tuned and removed cats out when I installed. So I imagine if you want to re use the cats you will have to splice in a pipe. Another thing I did was heat wrapped them and banded the end of the heat wrap. And get spark plug heat boots as well!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited: