98 350 runs rough after wot run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thatfordguy

Because I can!!
Reaction score
98 k1500 with a 350. So normally it runs just fine without problem, but if I do a wot run it runs like ****. Lacks power, sounds like it has a miss. If you hold it to the floor when it's doing this it will cut back in and have power. After it sits for awhile it will go back to normal. Ideas?

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
98 k1500 with a 350. So normally it runs just fine without problem, but if I do a wot run it runs like ****. Lacks power, sounds like it has a miss. If you hold it to the floor when it's doing this it will cut back in and have power. After it sits for awhile it will go back to normal. Ideas?
What all have you changed on it? Does it smell rich afterwards?

Thatfordguy

Because I can!!
Reaction score
I've done all fluids, fuel filter, and plugs and wires. And I haven't noticed a rich smell. It acts like it's not getting enough fuel maybe?

lamogo33

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perhaps a TPS since it does it at a certain throttle position. I'm not really sure what the TPS is used for in your year of truck but in my Olds it gave a lot of problems with fuel delivery because of dead spots.

Reaction score
Scan for codes check fuel pressure . Cat could be starting to go . Just had a knocking 2002 trailblazer got it for $500 bad cat insides were pounding. Flipped eady money.

wheelman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
YOURS HAS A CRAB CAP RIGHT.I TRIED a after market on mind and it was hard starts and bad running.went to a gm dealer cap and rotor-i changed my coil.then the fuel pump and filter.installed..custom wires and platinum plugs made a big difference. you cant beat those plugs.made my 350 r motor.stronger..

fuel injection on these engines are not the greatest.but as long as it all works right.it is ok.want to see the difference.look at what the 350 r engine has an a corvette has same year.if i had to drive any one of my chevy vehicles.every day..

i would change out every thing on them..all sensors..fix the pickups where you can change out the pumps with out removing bed or tank.some of the internal pumps.you are lucky they last a month.when they are new.get a year out of one..a Christmas miracle..

if i took all three of my chevys.and tore them all apart.i could not make one good one out of the three..the old days and quality and built to last.all that was skipped for the late seventies and eighties.and nineties..if i buy anything made in the two thousands.

it want be an american brand name..