97 z71 steering issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LiftedVictory

Reaction score
Hi all, been a while since I posted but I am having an issue. I have a 97 k1500 with a 6" RCX and a 3" body, 35s, nothing fancy, I've been having an issue with my steering lately, a few months back I was just driving along and all the sudden there was no power assist, actually it felt like something was keeping the wheels from turning. Like there was too much resistance, almost wrecked trying to pull over to see what was wrong, then it just disappeared. Back to normal. It was time for a new steering box anyways so I figured it may be related to that, put a new box on and everything seemed fine until the last time I drove it. Same thing happened, I literally had to fight the steering wheel and use both hands to get the truck back to the house. I was thinking maybe a restriction in a hose or something restricted in the pump. Anyone else run into this before?