97 SCSB AKA Paw Paw

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88 Z28 Guy

Reaction score
Well I finally think my truck is worthy of showing of so I decided to finally start my build thread. First lets start off with my grandpaw bought this truck new in 97 and it's been under a carport it's whole life. It's a 4.3 auto truck with on 72k on the odo. I started with the small stuff audio, lights and de grandpawing the truck. Then I did spindles and a half a coil in the front and hangers and shackles in the back. I later pulled the overload and got a little more but lost it when I added air shocks. I just got finished flipping the rear and removed the hanger and shackles. When I do my 350 swap in the next month or so it should lower the front to match the back. Here's some pics of her over the time I've had her and more photos to come.

You must be registered for see images attach

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Nice...... good choice on rims in the last shot.

do you already have a motor picked out?

88 Z28 Guy

Reaction score
I already have the motor. It's a like new crate vortec 350 with only 35 miles. I got it from my neighbor who did the same swap on the same basic truck and when the ecu was reflashed it wouldn't run right after it goes into closed loop. So it sat for some years and I recently got it the trans, all swap parts, headers, dual exhaust, and k&n cold air intake.

Thanks on the rims I think they are the best looking wheels u can get for 5 lug.

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Great looking truck. Very clean

Sent from my 350 TBI powered iPhone

88 Z28 Guy

Reaction score

Well Paw Paw went thru heart surgery last weekend and it was a success. Took me 3 days doing pretty much everything by myself. Still have a few issues to iron out. Leaky header gasket, fuel gauge pegged straight to the right, and a small studder while cruising. Also had to post a pic of the wrench I had to make to change the mounts.