97 C1500 "Big White"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
A little update, Nothing spectacular but id like to document it

Trucks been hard starting what seems like forever, Change the Spider, starts up fine for a month.....kill the battery, replace it, starts fine for a week. Nuke the starter, upgrade starter, starts fine for a couple weeks..... wont start.... crank and crank and crank....nothing :flame::banghead::suicide:

kinda baffled, I hear the fuel pump engage, its 9 years old, but theres 65k on it, no way it went out again, maybe its the relay, what the hell if its not, I got an extra one for a rainy day.....thats not it, well I throw on the fuel pressure guage....

You must be registered for see images attach

50psi was the highest I could get it, I couldnt believe it, weak fuel pump......

I've done this before, and last time I dropped the tank, almost everyone says pulling the bed is way easier, so I got an engine hoist, why not try it.....

I got tons of stuff in the bed I need for work in the morning, so I opted to take the majority of the heavy tools out and lift one side..... in my opininon, next time I have to do this, Im dropping the tank, I felt this was way more of a pain in the butt for 1 person...

I made sure I got an OEM (Delphi) brand, because I dont think I did 10yrs ago.... lower everything down, starts right up........for 3 days!!!!!! crank and crank and crank rest, repeat.... no start :flame::banghead::suicide:

Im done, I dont know what it could be, got air, fuel and spark, pull the spark plug has 70k on em..... there wasted, I must of bought Bosch plugs 10 years ago, and never again, these things are wasted!

I like the Autolite Double Platinums, Ac Delco has Double Platinums but they cost more, So Autolite's are all im running on both Trucks..

Truck started right up, its been a couple months and its been great. trucks running like a champ!

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
after a year of searching, I finally Found a used set of headers for my truck, from dumb luck one of the websites I search often was selling a used set for super cheap. they had been used one time.... Im Assuming engine dyno. Came with New set of header gaskets, and header bolts and collector gaskets.... I got some maintenance items to handle first, but after that, im bolting these on hopefully this week

BBK 40070 Ceramic coated shorty "tuned" length headers....

VCaddy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those should make a nice difference along with the roller rockers. I know the long tubes I put on my truck made a big low end torque improvement, even on the bone stock engine.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
yea, I think its gonna be a very enjoyable upgrade throughout the power band.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Sad Day, Last week I got slammed into by a Cadillac stopped at the light. frames bent. hoping for the best out come as I Dont wanna get rid of her

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Looks like its the end of the road for this old girl, Insurance said its a total loss. the parameters they use to fix frames in California basically dont allow for this to get fixed at a reasonable price.

Just working out how much Im gonna get payed out for her. Definately gonna keep her, but she'll be a parts truck. too much good stuff on her just to goto the boneyard.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Looks like its the end of the road for this old girl, Insurance said its a total loss. the parameters they use to fix frames in California basically dont allow for this to get fixed at a reasonable price.

Just working out how much Im gonna get payed out for her. Definately gonna keep her, but she'll be a parts truck. too much good stuff on her just to goto the boneyard.

That's a bummer. :bawl:
I'd bawl my eyes out if something happened and my Suburban got totaled out.

Anything going to be moved to Black Mamba?

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Believe me, I was Livid when this happened, I knew it was gonna get totaled out, ive had her for 11 years.... the only thing thats keeping me sane is that im Gonna get the 2 door Tahoe ive always wanted. I want a 96-99 2 door Tahoe/Yukon 2wd, preferebly stock which seems to be really hard to find. Just about everything I want to transfer over to the 2 door will fit.

the only thing ive considered moving over to the Black Mamba is the Seats... thats a ways away, I got plenty goin on with her now.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
I Finally reached a settlement for this truck it took alot of time and effort on my part..... they do as little as possible to try and give you the lowest amount, Basically I had to do there job... its disgusting the games they play... but in the end I think I did the best one can do for what I have.