97 2DR from the other side of the world...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blown3UR

Reaction score
I'm a little burried at work these few weeks and presume, i'm hoping i can get started sometime this week.. I really hope its something simple not requiring an overhaul.. I'm just really surprized this all happened after the lift was installed.

Those are N-Fab Nerf Bars... IMO the nicest on the Tahoe if side steps were a must for functunality, they also keep your clearance as high as possible.

http://n-fab.com/products/sfID1/60/sfID2/63/sfID3/122/productID/28

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
that 2-3 torsoin overcrank kit will cause vibration if you have anything that is slightly worn, most people dont replace the front end parts when doing a lift which sould always be a requirement, rough country shocks do suck, i personally dont like anything rough country, i think a majority of their stuff is garbage and not very honest. but they are cheap both prisewise and quality wise. where are you feeling the vibration? remember with that much cranking all your front end geometry is wrong now, meaning that things are functioning as they should, depending on how far you went you could be instantly seperating cvs because they can only operate at so much of an angle, next things to check would be driveshaft out bad or u joints, otherwise do the basics ball joint, tie rod, wheel bearing inspection.

Blown3UR

Reaction score
that 2-3 torsoin overcrank kit will cause vibration if you have anything that is slightly worn, most people dont replace the front end parts when doing a lift which sould always be a requirement, rough country shocks do suck, i personally dont like anything rough country, i think a majority of their stuff is garbage and not very honest. but they are cheap both prisewise and quality wise. where are you feeling the vibration? remember with that much cranking all your front end geometry is wrong now, meaning that things are functioning as they should, depending on how far you went you could be instantly seperating cvs because they can only operate at so much of an angle, next things to check would be driveshaft out bad or u joints, otherwise do the basics ball joint, tie rod, wheel bearing inspection.

Well i went through the front end throughly before installing the lift.. Everything was very good. There was slight play in the idler and pitman arms but i was told by many owners who have taken a look at them not to change the factory arms with only that much play since no replacements is of similar quality and would fail alot sooner. Other than that everything is great.. The truck only has 64k miles and has never seen offroad.

Regarding Rough Country, they are garbage but the issue is i wanted a proper 3" lift and that the only one which is supposed to be a true 3" lift and not affect geometry, all 4 shocks were fitted with lower mount spacers to provide for the lift without puting much strain on the factory lenght shock, it came with a diff drop and upper control arms to sort of the alignment.

The CV angles seem to be practically untouched from factory. I'm thinking about sending it to the dealership to run a test before i venture off into the front diff. I have a feeling this is going to be something minor.. I'm just surprized no one has this before so it seems uncommon.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
there is no proper 3" lift minus body lift as it has no effect on suspension, reason is despite having the cute little drop bracket your control arms themselves arent proper, neither are tierods, ball joints etc. so even though it seems like it fixes the geometry, in reality it doesnt. as far as idler and pitman yea theres always a bit of play, i can manipulate them even when brand new regardless of brand and make them have play in them so they arent perfect there is some error.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
now, can you attest to your front diff actuator disengaging? the tcase may disengage but that may not be which means your front drivehsaft is still spinning and having worked on hundreds of them i can tell you that could easily be a cause for vibration