96k1500's new look build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Looks damn good man.

Stuff like this makes me wish I had a small shop out back with a welder. You could totally make one of these for alot less than $140

Thanks, and you could make it for alot less than it cost if you had the right equipment

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks, and you could make it for alot less than it cost if you had the right equipment

Hmmm, got any measurements from that one you could share, LOL. I went over to our shop at work on lunch & there was plenty of scrap 1 1/4" tubing & 1/4" thk plate big enough to make mounting tabs from for the lights.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
So i think the next purchase is gonna be a bumper valance, now my issue with this is i cant decide if i wanna get a 2wd valance or a 4wd valance and make spacers to raise the tow hooks

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I've been pondering over the same thing as well. How big is your body lift? People with a 2" just flip their tow hooks and it looks just like stock. I've got a 3 inch and I'm trying to decide on a valence also. When I bought they truck they just cut the holes in it all the way down and I hate the way it looks. I think I'm gonna get a 2wd valance and make some shackle mounts somewhere on the frame.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Ive got 3" bl, im thinkin bout goin 4wd valance and spacers to make it look stock but not positive yet

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey, tried to PM you back but your box is full.

What brand of billet grille were you running? How was the fit & finish after install? I'm thinking about getting one but some of them on ebay dont look very good quality wise or even appearance wise.