96 Tahoe P0507 Code. High and low idle. Hesitates before accelerating. Ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ridinhigh98

Reaction score
Bought a tahoe and replaced the spider injector to the new style and also did the intake manifold gasket while I had it apart. Got it all back together and all the codes were gone (5 codes before). Runs much better than it did but something is still off. When you first hit key it starts with a very high idle ( higher than the usual start up idle). Then it will level out to fairly normal. Drop it in gear and the rpms will either drop till the motor almost cuts off or shoot up to about 1500. It does both high and low idle anytime you stop. Once you start moving truck runs great. Check engine code I am getting is P0507. Previous owner stated that sometime the pcv valve would pop off? Replaced the pcv valve and hasnt happend to me. Cleaned the top end both while apart and with seafoam. Changed out cap rotor plugs and wires to all ac delco parts. Few spark plugs where very oily. Fresh fuel filter also. Any ideas what this might be. From everything I have read it seems to be either a vacuum leak or a out of spec electronic. Need to get this thing running correctly so any help will be greatly appreciated.